Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

When the peace rages with the storm

"A little more then I can give,
   A little more then i deserve
   Unearth this holiness I can't earn

   With all this sin that lives in me,
   It took a nail to set me free

WITH ALL THIS MOTIVATION I STILL FIND A HESITATION
DEEP IN MY SOUL
DESPITE ALL MY DEMANDING I STILL FIND YOU UNDERSTANDING
SHOW ME GRACE, SHOW ME GRACE I KNOW"

-Jennifer Knapp

For the first time in a long time, I don't want to go to sleep because I feel so much peace.  Sometimes I don't want to sleep because I am having too much fun. Or sometimes I want to sleep to get to the next day and next adventure. And alot of times, I want to sleep to get to the peaceful part. That feeling of peace that happens right before we enter the land of z's. But tonight, I just want to sit here and be thankful and happy  in this great peace God has given me.

Psalm 119:68 "You are good and do good..." 

He's good, ya'll. Always. And when I struggle with this, and i question and I hurt and I long to just know the answers and for life to turn out better or differently- He's good then, too. When I long for Jesus, He's good. He's always good and He does good. Life is our sanctification process. That's all it is. That's what my dear friend Jon told me today- and I believe he's right. I'm being sanctified, and in that, God's still good. He is always good. 

So thankful for how God uses people to bless us.


No comments:

Post a Comment