Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

put it on my card

heyyyyyyouuuuguuyyyyssss.

lately i've been thinking. that's a lie. lately, I've been running around like the crazy no-hair britney spears. remember those days? All stages of Brit are funny, but this one was over the top, in a good way.  back to me. in between going 90 to nothin' I have had a few passing (and staying) thoughts about who I am. I read a really cool thing today on this hilarious blog called http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/ about how we are all created with an identity. God makes us who we are...and basically, along the way we let sucesses and failures redefine us and we sadly, and sometimes, accidnetally forget the original identity God gave us. This is sad and true. In our twenties, we can be selfish and "redefine ourselves," "rediscover ourselves," :find ourselves," "lose ourselves," and just truly be too concerned about ourselves. but thats ok. be we are twenty-something selfish children with not a care in the world. so, inspired by this, here are some one-liners/ideas/ phrases/keys that I live by and are, well, ME.

4. Every thing could be the next big thing. (so do your best and don't be boring) You got invited at the last minute to a fundraiser dinner, you got a new job you don't know alot about, there is a nice boy at your favorite barbeque place that seems to like you. Go with it people, the worst that could happen is its not the next big thing. The best thing that could happen is you go to the fundraiser dinner, make a connection, become the President of the United States. You take the job that leads to another better opportunity. You say hi to that boy, hit it off, and realize he's the man of your dreams.  So put on your best smile, walk in confidence, and always give strong handshakes. no one likes the dead fish.

3. Time slows me down. I have much to much to do to have to focus on a schedule. All of you type A people out there are reading this and popping your high blood pressure medicine while breaking into a cold sweat. Calm down, I just don't do time. The good thing about this is I am very flexible and can fit a ton of activites and responsibilites into a small amount of time. The bad part is our world runs on a schedule. stinkfest, i know. so people like my roommate and my parents and most other people in the world are sometimes (alot of times) annoyed by my lack of caring about time. It's a strength though, I'm playing it as a strength.

2. All people (ALL PEOPLE) are created by God for a purpose. I am a huge believer in this. God doesn't make mistakes. Regardless of race, gender, handicap, addictions, failures, successes, annoyingness, smell, looks- every person is a creation of Jesus and we are called to give them grace.

1. I look at everything as an adventure. (also titled, "unless it's against my convictions, my faith, or my country, I don't say no to anything.) AKA the "I'll try anything once" attitude but better and totally different.  Real life examples- Drive to Glaveston? in the middle of the night? duh.  book a flight at midnight and fly out at 7 the next morning just for fun? of course I did.  teach wakeboarding the same summer I learned it? you betcha. be in robotics club? true, i tried it.  
It is important to know what you want in life. Some people desire a heap of money, or much sucess, or excelling in sports or acadamia. All I want is for my life to be one big adventure. It may not always be the most fun, or the most sucessful, or the weathiest- but its the thrill of the adventure. Its stepping out in faith and following the Lord when you dont see where He's taking you.
In the words of my boy Steven Curtis Chapman- "This is a life like no other, this is the GREAT ADVENTURE."

1 comment:

  1. I love this Lyd! Literally laughed at this:

    "I look at everything as an adventure. (also titled, "unless it's against my convictions, my faith, or my country, I don't say no to anything.) AKA the "I'll try anything once" attitude but better and totally different. "

    Your great. Love you

    <3 Chloe

    ReplyDelete