Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

people change

 via
I believe in people. I believe they can endure incredible heartache and overcome overwhelming obstacles and truly LIVE. I believe that they can dwell in hurt and ache that they created themselves, and choose to walk away from it.

This week, someone shared their view on people with me, saying, "People don't ever really change. They just don't." My heart broke for her. Yes, some people may choose to live in bitterness or hurt or sin or habits till the day they die. But not all do.

And as much as I believe in people, I believe in the kindness and goodness of my Savior even more than that. I believe in His grace and mercy. No matter what decisions a person makes, or what they walk through, they are not beyond recovery. How dare we ever say differently. So people, I believe in you. Jesus believes in You. You may not believe in Him but He gives you breath in your lungs and an option to choose to be better every day. No matter how deep in your alcoholism, or addiction, or depression you are...YOU ARE WORTH SAVING. I believe that to my core.

..."while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

I know many churches or schools or even broken people have told you that you must clean yourself up. you don't have to. you are intrinsically valuable. The people who condemn you are no better. Jesus was on board with this. A group of men once brought a woman before him who they had caught, quite literally in the act of adultery. He looked at them and said  “He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” (From John 8:7)

We're all broken and hurting in our own ways. I'm sorry for people who have told you that you aren't worth it. Hang in there, you are fully capable of change. When you choose that, reach out. You would be shocked at the number of people willing to help you in any way possible.And if you're my people, I'm here for you. So many are here for you. And to those judging our hurting people, I know you are hurting someone deep down in that soul of yours. Stop worrying about others and get a grip on your own problems. Lay yourself and your sins before people and a God that loves you. And for the love, stop judging our hurting people.
Go forth and LIVE!
xoxo Lyd

No comments:

Post a Comment