Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

this is real, ya'll

why hello.
blogging twice in a week? for this girl? unheard of.
But I would like to do my monthly "things I love" post. (disclaimer: this is a total and complete lie. I don't even write weekly, much less keep up with a re-occurring theme. too much, ya'll. too. much.)
Here are some news-worthy things in my life (really, is anything news-worthy in the life of a 21 year old? no. not even for this girl)
In no particular (read: numerical) order
1 I leave for the great state (but not the greatest) of TN in a week and a half. JOY TO THE WORLD!!
2 I love America. so, so SO much. here's a picture to prove it.

the hero herself, BOOMER. She likes America too, but not as much as me.
3 I'm wearing a really cool outfit today. I choose comfort over style 10/10 times so this is quite an accomplishment.
4 I really like awfully stormy weather.
5 it's pretty cool to me when I walk in a room and it smells like a few different shampoos. like youth camp circa 2005. or my apartment sometimes.
6 I like really hot, sunny weather too. this is tied with number 4- don't be confused, it's possible to love both equally as much.
7 I am lovin' civil wars music right now
8 and this book.
here's some great quotes in my recent readings from this work. (I just sounded so grown-up and smart and....BORING..yawn, yawn) "Trust says, in effect, 'Abba, just on the basis of what You have shown me in Your Son, Jesus, I believe You love me. You have forgiven me.  You will hold me and never let me go. Therefore, I trust You with my life.'"
"What Jesus did was sufficient. To the extent that we are self-made saints like the Pharisees....we let the prostitutes and publicans go first into the kingdom, while we in Flannery O'Connor's unforgettable image, are in the background having our alleged virtue burnt out of us.  The hookers and swindlers enter before us because they know they cannot make themselves presentable or lovable. They risked everything on Jesus and, knowing they didn't have it all together, were not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace."
(My own two-cents "they know they cannot make themselves presentable or lovable" neither can you, neither can I. We are all in desperate need of Christ's redemption.)

9 I'm working through jealousy. of a dream I really wanted. and someone else got. My sweet mother says one day i'll look back and thank the Lord He let that opportunity slip by because He will have given me another one. This is probably true, but what if it's not? if it's not, it's still ok. Because my life isn't about me. It stopped being about me the day I accepted Christ. I forget this most days.


love the adventure today, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment