Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

the good ol days



Throw back ya'll.
I've been inspired to have a confessional to you, my readers.

1. I am kind of a snob when it comes to country music. I know what's good and what's polished and I think people who like Taylor Swift might be pathetic. On the other hand, if you know who Brantley Gilbert, Colt Ford, or even Josh Abbott Band is, I would trust you with a baby.
2. Beyond that, my music taste is mediocre at best. I like Bon Iver and I am discovering Band of Horses, and Eminem has a soft spot in my heart, and I love me some Dallas rap.
3. I am really bad about drinking water. I like it, it's fine, we need it, but I like Dr. Pepper better.
4. I think there is never a bad time for a trip.
5. I do trashy Texas well. I really actually love Galveston. yea, i know it's gross, I know it's not a real beach. (well, it is a real beach, technically but for the sake of the argument) I have been to Florida beaches and New England Beaches and Canada beaches and Mexico beaches and Oregon beaches and I love them too. But there is something about the good ol trashy natives of Texas catchin some sun together.

6. I tend to lead when dancing, particularly Texas two-steppin. I am sure there is some deep psychological character analysis for what this means about my personality, but I think it's just because I am a better dancer, sue me.
7. I really like old friends. I love catching up with people, and I have always been weirdly good at keeping in touch with friends.
8. I have had the same best friend my whole life. I came home from Lake Highlands mother's-day-out when I was four and told my mom I hated her and that she looked like a boy and that her siblings were weird.
9. It is my goal to meet Willie Nelson.
10. If I have the choice, I will always wear a t-shirt over anything else.
11. The lake is literally my favorite place in the whole world. skiing, wakeboarding, kneeboarding, intertubing, boating, just being there- my favorite. I like it better then the beach, I'd say. Even more then "real" beaches like Florida.
12. I have had Labrador retrievers my whole life, and am slightly creeped out by small dogs.
13. My dad wouldn't let me watch bambi when I was little, because he said it portrayed hunters in "a bad light."
14. My dad bought me a shotgun when I was 13.
15. I eat fried crawfish every sunday.
16. Some of my favorite people are my neighbors in my apartment building.
17. I absolutely refuse to listen to reggae....excuse me, what is this? my roommate loves it. LOVES.it.
18. This summer has been insanely cool. I would almost say it could compete with the summer after my sophomore year in highschool. Can I get an "amen," Carley, Ben, and SK? those were good days.
19. I LOVE the Oklahoma Sooners. Yes, I go to a private University not even in the same state, but my dad went there and I was raised to hate the horns and die for the sooners. 

some t-shirt modeling i did for OU at Kanakuk. pure class.

 20. I love red meat. Like love isn't a strong enough word. I'll eat chicken, if it's fried, or covered in ranch dressing- or even better, both. But given the choice? red, all the way. Steak, burgers, cheeseburgers, bacon cheesburgers, bbq, brisket.
 21. During college football season, my Saturdays are no longer free.

22. I played golf in highschool.
23. My parents were camp directors when I was growing up. Because of this, they loved to send us to multiple camps a summer.
24. The two I went to reguarly were Camp Buckner (can I get an ooooweeeeee) and Kanakuk. I also worked at Kanakuk as a (K)ounselor and an office girl. Love me some Wiebe's!
well, i feel better already!
go forth and LIVE ya'll!
xoxo Lyd

No comments:

Post a Comment